Thursday, November 18, 2004

Gmail invitations

It seems amusing to find so many people vying to have at least one gmail account. One only has to visit forums or blogs and see what people can offer in order to get a free invitation (some are even getting desperate, uhh..). Perhaps for the sheer size of it or that others are dissatisfied with their current email provider. I for one just registered a few days ago after winning an invite at the www.freegmailinvites.com. It took me a couple of rounds before I did win one, and was so happy to find the link code posted on the webpage the day after.

Out of curiosity and with a little bit of excitement, I registered and lo...! I realized it's worth it - not only for the whooping gigantic storage capacity but specifically I'm fascinated at the features (and more are being added continually)... really it's a new way of looking at email and the way we can communicate with others. The Help area is extensively well made and the explanations clear, though I should say, the POP access feature is not working for me.... I cannot download my emails to my Outlook Express (latest version); the error message "cannot connect to the server" always appear whenever I click the send/receive button...

Nonetheless, I think Google is really, really making the other email competitors a run for their money.

This gmail thing is really a spark of genius...! congratulations to Google!

2 comments:

Frsaiop said...

It was exactly at Christmas Day when I logged-in at my gmail.com account via my IE browser. Well, I was only expecting some e-xmas greetings from friends or relatives... but lo! there it was - located beside my email address at the top right it says "Invite 6 friends to join Gmail". I could not believe what I saw! At first I thought it was just an imagination, so I clicked the refresh button of my browser but again the info was there. Subsequently I clicked the info link where another window popped out with instructions. I sent the first invitation to my sister - hopefully she sees it and registers for her own gmail account.

To all of Google, thank you very much! A Blessed Yuletide 2004 for everyone! God bless...

Frsaiop said...

Recently, I opened my gmail account and at the lower left section below the labels, there appears fifty (50) available gmail invites to be given to friends. Few days ago, I usually see this info on invites at the top right portion of the page besides my gmail address. So, anyone who wants a free gmail account? Email me. I don't sell them, they're free just when google invited me to have one for myself. Cheers!